So it's a new year! (I know I'm a little late and January is truly almost over...) but Happy 2014! This year is going to be awesome I just know it. I have a lot of big goals & some crazy plans to achieve them.
I love the beginning of the new year. I love setting goals and working towards them. I love writing them down and being able to look back and see what has been achieved. A few of my goals for this year are:
1. Develop my art portfolio, get my art out & into the world and find a market and a niche/job that fits what I want to do. (even if that means doing/starting my own thing.) Make more patterns, improve! I want to learn all of the in & outs of Illustrator, Photoshop & Indesign.
2. Exercise at least 5 days a week. Scott & I are working on this together. It's going quite well. We bought passes to the Provo Rec. Center and we wake up at 5:30 every morning to work out. It's been good and as much as I really don't like waking up that early, it's been really nice to work out and feel healthier.
3. Take lots of pretty pictures with our new camera! Scott and I spoiled ourselves, and used the rest of our wedding Target gift card money to buy a nice Nikon SLR Camera... and I love it. Here are some pictures from a Sunday adventure a few weeks ago:
It was a beautiful sunday afternoon, and oh how I love the light and how it just makes everything glow.
4. Learn lots of good things at my new job. I started a new job at the beginning of December at American Crafts. I work there as a designer on their marketing team. We do everything from catalogs to web, and packaging design. Some of it's really boring... (haha) but overall it's been good and I'm learning how to be better designer.
5. Travel to Europe- this has been on my to do/wish list for forever, and we've finally figured out a way to make it happen! Saving! We've been saving for the past year and we've made our goal. We are thinking we will probably go for a couple of weeks once the semester ends for Scott... so maybe May? I'm SO very excited for this adventure, and if you have any tips for traveling in Europe let me know!
6. Run another half marathon... and maybe a full if we put in the time to train. Which one? That I also need to decide. I'm excited for it to be decently warm in the mornings again so that Scott & I can run outside in the mornings. Spring needs to come faster.
7. Read & study all of the standard works- Book of Mormon, D&C, Old Testament, New Testament & Pearl of Great Price. Also read nightly from the Book of Mormon with my cute husband. We've recently started doing this, and it's amazing how quickly doing something that simple can invite the spirit. I love it.
8. Post on my blog more... more art and maybe some crafts! Maybe I will also learn some basic coding for website design if I'm feeling really ambitious.
I love making goals, and I hope to achieve all of these things and more this coming year. It's going to be great! :) I'll keep you updated along the way as to how everything is going.